Fort Lisa (3)
Fort Lisa (3) (1809, 1812-1823) - A Missouri Fur Company Fur Trading Fort established in 1809 by Manuel Lisa in present day Bellevue, Douglas County, Nebraska. Operated by Major Joshua Pilcher after Lisa's death in 1820. Abandoned in 1823. Also known as Fort Hunt (2) and Lisa's Fort.
Established as a Missouri Fur Company fur trading fort by Manuel Lisa in 1809. Operated by Major Joshua Pilcher after Lisa's death in 1820. Pilcher became president of the Missouri Fur Company on Lisa's death. He closed Fort Lisa in 1823 and moved the operation to Pilcher's Post downriver.
Site in Hummel Park, Florence, Douglas County, Nebraska. No remains.
Some confusion exists over the naming of the forts created by Manuel Lisa and his company, exact locations are unknown for some of them and this has led to further confusion. The forts and their locations are detailed below: