Battery 155 - Santa Barbara
Battery 155 - Santa Barbara (1944-1944) - Battery 155 - Santa Barbara was a temporary, World War II, 155mm coastal gun battery on Panama mounts. Located in Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara County, California. Battery construction started in January 1943, was completed in July 1943 and transferred to the Coast Artillery for use 18 Apr 1944 at a cost of $ 9,688.80. Deactivated in 1944.
Part of the Harbor Defense of Los Angeles.
Originally built as a temporary World War II coastal gun battery with two 155mm M1918MI rapid fire guns mounted on M1918MI mobile marriages emplaced on circular Panama mounts.
No period guns or carriages in place. No markers or signs.
Visited: 22 Sep 2017