Battery 155 - Pacific Palisades
Battery 155 - Pacific Palisades (1944-1944) - Battery 155 - Pacific Palisades was a temporary, World War II, 155mm coastal gun battery on Panama mounts. Located at Pacific Palisades, Los Angeles County, California. Battery construction started January 1943, was completed July 1943 and transferred to the Coast Artillery for use 14 Mar 1944 at a cost of $ 11,151.39. Deactivated in 1944.
Part of the Harbor Defense of Los Angeles.
Originally built as a temporary World War II coastal gun battery with two 155mm M1918MI rapid fire guns mounted on M1918MI mobile carriages emplaced on circular Panama mounts.
Destroyed, no period guns or carriages in place. No remains of Panama mounts. The area is now a costal community with closely packed small houses.
Visited: 23 Sep 2017