Battery 155 - Oxnard
Battery 155 - Oxnard (1944-1944) - Battery 155 - Oxnard was a temporary, World War II, 155mm coastal gun battery on Panama mounts. Located in Oxnard, Ventura County, California. Battery construction started in May 1943, was completed in September 1943 and transferred to the Coast Artillery for use 14 Mar 1944 at a cost of $ 11,265.62. Deactivated in 1944.
Part of the Harbor Defense of Los Angeles.
Originally built as a temporary World War II coastal gun battery with two 155mm M1918MI rapid fire guns mounted on M1918MI mobile marriages emplaced on circular Panama mounts.
No period guns or carriages in place.
Visited: 24 Dec 2012