Battery 155 - El Segundo
Battery 155 - El Segundo (1943-1944) - Battery 155 - El Segundo was a temporary, World War II, 155mm coastal gun battery on Panama mounts located in El Segundo, Los Angeles County, California. The battery operated as a sub-post of Fort MacArthur. Battery construction started in July 1942, was completed in May 1943 and transferred to the Coast Artillery for use in September 1943 at a cost of $ 6,260. Deactivated in 1944.
Part of the Harbor Defense of Los Angeles.
Originally built as a temporary World War II coastal gun battery with two 155mm M1918MI rapid fire guns mounted on M1918MI mobile marriages emplaced on 180 degree Panama mounts.
No period guns or carriages in place. No remains of Panama mounts
Visited: 7 Jan 2013