Battery 155 - East Point
Battery 155 - East Point (1942-1943) - Battery 155 - East Point was a temporary, World War II, 155mm coastal gun battery on Panama mounts. Located on East Point Military Reservation, Nahant, Essex County, Massachusetts. Battery construction started 25 Mar 1942, was completed 13 May 1942 and transferred to the Coast Artillery for use 1 Dec 1942 at a cost of $ 8,413.00. Deactivated in 1943.
Part of the Harbor Defense of Boston, Massachusetts.
Originally built as a temporary World War II coastal gun battery with two 155mm M1918 rapid fire guns mounted on M1918 Mobile Carriages emplaced on circular Panama mounts.
Destroyed, private property. No period guns or gun mounts in place but the Panama mount for gun #2 remains partially visible. The Panama mount for gun #1 is buried.
Visited: 9 Jun 2012