Northeast Bastion Battery
Northeast Bastion Battery (1900-1908) - The Northeast Bastion Battery was a reinforced concrete, Endicott Period 10‑inch experimental coastal gun battery on Fort Monroe, Hampton City, Virginia. The Battery was transferred to the Coast Artillery for use in 1898. Deactivated in 1908.
Part of the Harbor Defense of Chesapeake Bay.
Originally built as an Endicott Period concrete coastal gun battery with one 10" M1896 experimental depressing gun mounted on a M1894 disappearing carriage. This battery was a two story battery with the guns located on the upper level and the magazine located on the lower level. Deactivated in 1910.
No period guns or mounts in place.
Visited: 22 Jul 2010