Johnson's Fort

From FortWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Johnson's Fort (1757-17??) - A settlers log family fort established about 1757 during the French & Indian War by William Johnson in Forsyth County, North Carolina. Abandoned as a fortification in 17??.

Johnson's Fort Marker
Johnson's Fort Marker Locale

French & Indian War (1754-1763)

During the French & Indian War William Johnson purchased a square mile of land along the Yadkin River in present day Forsyth County, North Carolina. He built a fort of "huge" logs on the land to protect his family and neighbors from Indian attacks.

Current Status

Stone marker only. Part of Tanglewood County Park, Forsyth County, North Carolina

Location: Tanglewood County Park, Forsyth County, North Carolina.

Maps & Images

Lat: 36.003597 Long: -80.408144

Sources:

Links:

Visited: 25 Mar 2012

Johnson's Fort Picture Gallery

Click on the picture to see a larger version. Contribute additional pictures - the more the better!


Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
content
Share
Google AdSense
Toolbox