Fort William (6)
Fort William (6) (1833-1836) - A Sublette and Campbell Company fur trading post established in 1833 by William Sublette and Robert Campbell in present day Williams County, North Dakota. Named for William Sublette. Sold in 1836 to the American Fur Company and moved to their nearby Fort Union (2) post.
Near Fort Buford State Historic Site, Williams County County, North Dakota. Exact site unknown.
Location: Near Fort Buford State Historic Site, Williams County, North Dakota. Map point is approximate.
Maps & Images
Lat: 47.9761909 Long: -104.0029335
- Roberts, Robert B., Encyclopedia of Historic Forts: The Military, Pioneer, and Trading Posts of the United States, Macmillan, New York, 1988, 10th printing, ISBN 0-02-926880-X, page 634
- Fort William (brief history & illustration, in National Park Service booklet)
- North American Forts - Fort William
Visited: Vicinity 22 Sep 2013
Fort William (6) Picture Gallery
Click on the picture to see a larger version. Contribute additional pictures - the more the better!