Fort Tracy (1864-1865) - A Confederate fortification established in 1864 during the U.S. Civil War in Baldwin County, Alabama. Abandoned in 1865.
History of Fort Tracy
Fort Tracy was located on the west bank of the Blakeley River about three miles above Spanish Fort and 1000 yards North of Fort Huger (1). The fortification was an earthworks facing the river. The purpose was to block Union gunboats from getting up river above Spanish Fort. Fort Tracy was supported by shore batteries on the east bank and [[Fort Huger (1) at the intersection of the Blakeley River and the Agalachee River.
This post participated in the battle for both Spanish Fort and Fort Blakeley. After both of these fortifications fell, the need for [[Fort Huger (1) and Fort Tracy ended and they were evacuated and blown up on 11 Apr 1865, two days after General Lee surrendered at Appomattox.
Destroyed in Baldwin County, Alabama