Fort Nephi (1851-1872) - A Mormon settler Fort established in 1851 before the Walker Indian War (1854-1855). Located in present day Nephi, Juab County, Utah. Probably abandoned as a fortification after the end of the Ute Black Hawk War in 1872. Also known as Salt Creek Fort.
The Fort was built as a protective wall surrounding a nine-block area in the center of town. The wall was built of gravel, mud and straw, was 12 feet high, 6 feet wide at the bottom, 2.5 feet wide at the top and 420 rods in length. Gates were provided in the north and the south walls.
Probably abandoned as a fortification after the end of the Ute Black Hawk War (1865-1872).
The original marker is missing from it's reported location in a city park but at least three of the fort corner markers were located.
Visited: 17 Oct 2018