Fort Jackson (1)
Fort Jackson (1) (1833-1834) - Established in 1833 as an American Fur Company post built by trader C.S. Chardon in the vicinity of present day Poplar, Roosevelt County, Montana. Named for President Andrew Jackson.
Fort Jackson (1) History
Fifty foot square palisaded post built as a wintering over camp on the Missouri River at the mouth of the Poplar River.