Fort Campbell (1)

From FortWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Fort Campbell (1) (1845-1860) - Established as a St. Louis Fur Company post in 1845 on the south side of the Missouri River and moved to the north side in 1847 in present day Fort Benton, Chouteau County, Montana. Sold in 1860 to the American Fur Company.

Fort Campbell Marker (front)
Fort Campbell Marker (rear)
Fort Campbell Marker Locale

Fort Campbell (1) History

First established as a St. Louis Fur Company post in 1845 on the south side of the Missouri River and moved to the north side in 1847. Fort Campbell was operated by Alexander Harvey, a notorious trader on the Upper Missouri. Sold in 1860 to the American Fur Company.

Current Status

Marker only on the levee at Fort Benton.


Location: Marker on the levee at the town of Fort Benton, Chouteau County, Montana. Map point is the marker location.

Maps & Images

Lat: 47.813771 Long: -110.669382

Sources:

Links:

Visited: 26 Sep 2013



Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
content
Share
Google AdSense
Toolbox