Coronado Beach Military Reservation
Coronado Beach Military Reservation (1897-1946) - A small Endicott Period Coastal Military Reservation first established in 1897 in San Diego County, California. Deactivated in 1946.
Endicott Period (1890-1910)
Part of the Harbor Defense of San Diego.
Coronado Beach Military Reservation was originally slated to have an Endicott Period mortar battery but it was never built.
World War II (1941-1945)
During World War II Coronado Beach Military Reservation housed two, 150' fire control towers that contained fire control stations for Battery Strong, Battery Humphreys, Battery 134 and Battery Grant. There were three 60" searchlight stations SL21, SL22 and SL23 and the 90mm Battery AMTB - Cortez (TAC 8). Additional land was leased on the Pacific Ocean side to accommodate the gun battery and two searchlight positions.
Part of Silver Strand State Beach, San Diego County, California.