Battery 155 - Mishaum Point
Battery 155 - Mishaum Point (1943-1945) - Battery 155 - Mishaum Point was a temporary, World War II, 155mm coastal gun battery on Panama mounts located on Mishaum Point Military Reservation, Bristol County, Massachusetts. Battery construction was completed and transferred to the Coast Artillery for use in 1943. Deactivated in 1945 as Battery 210 came on line.
Part of the Harbor Defense of New Bedford.
Originally built as a temporary World War II coastal gun battery with two 155mm M1918MI rapid fire guns mounted on M1918A1 Mobile Carriages emplaced on circular Panama mounts.
Private property Mishaum Point, Bristol County, Massachusetts. No period guns or mounts in place.