3rd Missouri Volunteer Infantry
3rd Missouri Volunteer Infantry (1898-1898) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Jefferson Barracks, Mo., May 14, 1898, with 50 officers and 974 enlisted men.
- Assigned to Third Brigade, Second Division, Second Army Corps, May 29
- Left Jefferson Barracks May 26; arrived at Camp Alger (2), Va., May 29
- Left Camp Alger August 3; arrived at Thoroughfare, Va., August 9
- Left August 22; arrived at Camp Meade (2), Pa., August 23
- Left Camp Meade September 6; arrived at Kansas City, Mo., September 8
- Furloughed for thirty days September 17
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Kansas City, Mo., November 7, 1898, with 47 officers and 1,237 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, 13; killed by accident, 1; deserted, 7.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581