2nd West Virginia Volunteer Infantry
2nd West Virginia Volunteer Infantry (1898-1899) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Charleston, W. Va., June 25 to July 30, 1898, with 42 officers and 1,281 enlisted men.
- Assigned to First Brigade, Second Division, Second Army Corps, October 11
- Left Charleston August 18; arrived at Camp Meade, Pa., August 20
- Left Camp Meade September 20, marching to Gettysburg; arrived September 27
- Left Gettysburg October 3; arrived at Camp Meade October 11
- Left Camp November 13; arrived at Greenville, S. C., November 15, 1898
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Greenville, S. C., April 10, 1899, with 45 officers and 1,157 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, 17; killed by accident., 2; deserted, 37.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581