Sagamore Hill Military Reservation
Sagamore Hill Military Reservation (1941-1945) - A World War II Coastal Military Reservation first established in 1941 in Barnstable County, Massachusetts. Abandoned in 1945.
World War II (1941-1945)
Part of the Harbor Defense of Boston, Massachusetts.
Sagamore Hill Military Reservation was established by elements of Battery C, 241st Coast Artillery Regiment, immediately following the attack on Pearl Harbor. Initially, a convoy of three heavy trucks and a command car from Fort Dawes towed the two 155mm guns and brought ammunition to temporary field emplacements at Sagamore Hill. The remainder of the company followed on 14 Dec 1941 and was originally quartered at a local school. By the end of July 1942, the construction of the temporary WWII barracks and support structures was complete and the reservation was operational.
The Sagamore Hill Military Reservation was deactivated on 1 Apr 1945.
Part of Scusset Beach State Reservation, Barnstable County, Massachusetts.
Visited: 17 may 2012