Robert Clarke's Station
Robert Clarke Station (1784) - A Revolutionary War era Bourbon County Station established by Robert Clarke in 1784. Robert Clarke came from Augusta County, Virginia and built a stockaded Station near present day Paris. Also spelled without the "e", as Clark.
The original station was described as having a two-story log blockhouse and two other log buildings connected to one another by a stockade. The log blockhouse later was modified by the addition of a two-story brick structure in front. The other two buildings and the stockade have not survived.
A small but reliable spring ran from beneath a low rock ledge southwest of the home into a small run called Clarks Run which also became the farm's name.
The Station site has received an archelogical site designation of 15Bb78 and is located along the Hume-Beford Pike (Route 1939) about 1.7 miles from the intersection of Hume-Bedford Pike and Lexington Road in Paris, Kentucky.