Pollock Army Air Field
Pollock Army Air Field (1942-1945) - A World War II U.S. Army Air Field established in 1942 near the town of Pollock in Grant Parish, Louisiana. First named Pollock Army Air Field. Renamed Pollock Municipal Airport after the end of the war. Assigned FAA Airport Identifier L66. Also known during the war as Pollock Army Auxiliary Air Field.
Opened on 21 Oct 1942. The airfield has three paved runways forming a triangle that was used during World War II for Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress aircrew training.
The airfield was transferred to the town of Pollock by quit claim deed in 1949.
Now Pollock Municipal Airport publicly owned by the City of Pollock.