North Ogden Fort
North Ogden Fort (1853-1858) - A Mormon settler fort established in 1853 in North Ogden, Weber County, Utah. Abandoned as a fortification in 1858.
History of North Ogden Fort
The fort wall enclosed almost nine blocks in the center of town. A rock wall that varied from 6' to 8' high and was from 2' to 6' thick surrounded the area except for southwest corner which was a low swampy area. There were three gates, an east gate, a west gate and a south gate.
By 1854 there were 47 families in or around the fort. The fort and the town were abandoned in 1858 as the inhabitants fled to the south during the Mormon War.
Marker located next to the Mormon Church at 626 E 2600 N.
Visited: 7 Jul 2015