Kapyong Barracks (1940s-2001) - A Canadian Army Barracks established in the 1940s during World War II as Fort Osborne Barracks South in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Renamed Kapyong Barracks in 1973 after battle of Kapyong fought in 1951 during the Korean War. Closed in 2004.
Kapyong Barracks closed in June 2004 and personnel relocated to new facilities at Shilo Canadian Forces Base near Brandon, Manitoba. A formal march-out ceremony and parade was held at the end of June 2004. The north housing area was retained and still functions as military housing.
Disposition of the site has not yet been made as of 2016 and the site remains unoccupied except for security personnel.
Visited: 31 Jul 2016