Fort Windecker (1777-1783) - A Patriot Revolutionary War Fort established in 1777 near Minden, Montgomery County, New York. Abandoned as a fortification in 1783.
History of Fort Windecker
Established in 1777 as a Revolutionary War fortified settler farmhouse and defense that included a palisade with a blockhouse at one corner. Located on the south side of the Mohawk River nearly opposite Fort House on the north side.
May have been the home of Lieutenant John Windecker.
Abandoned as a fortification at the end of the war in 1783.