Fort Washington (5)
Fort Washington (5) (1775-1778, 1814-1815) - A Revolutionary War fort established in 1775 on Peirce Island in Rockingham County, New Hampshire. Abandoned in 1778 and regarrisoned in 1814 during the War of 1812 and abandoned again in 1815.
At the top of the steep bank of Peirce's Island is old Fort Washington, an extensive earthwork of irregular shape built in 1775 and strongly armed and garrisoned during the Revolutionary War under the command of Captain Titus Salter and again armed and equipped in 1812 - 1815 during the War of 1812.
Private property on Peirce Island, Rockingham County, New Hampshire