Fort Union (5)
Fort Union (5) (1853-1870s) - A Mormon Settler Fort established in 1853 near Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, Utah. Abandoned in 1870s. Also known as Union Fort.
History of Fort Union (5)
A Mormon settler fort established in 1853 on 10 acres of land donated by Jehu Cox. The fort was built as a walled community enclosing some 23 homes and a community building used as a church, school and amusement hall. The surrounding wall was 12' tall made of stone and adobes with clay mortar.
Abandoned by the 1870s.
Marker only in the middle of a shopping center.
Visited: 5 Jul 2015