Fort Tilton (1856-1856) - First established in February 1856 during the Yakima Indian War by the Northern Battalion, Washington Territorial Volunteers (WTV), in King County, Washington. Named after Major James Tilton, Adjutant General of the WTV. Abandoned in 1856.
Fort Tilton History
Construction began in February 1856 and the fort was occupied in March 1856. The post included a blockhouse and enough buildings so that it could served as the headquarters and main supply depot of the Northern Battalion, WTV during the Yakima Indian War. Several surrounding outposts were built by troops from Fort Tilton and they were under the command of Fort Tilton. The post was abandoned in late 1856 at the end of the emergency period of the Yakima Indian War.
Marker only (was swept away in 2009 flooding but may have been replaced by now).