Fort Stevens (4)
Fort Stevens (4) (1862-1865) - A U.S. Civil War post established in 1862 by Confederate forces in Chesterfield County, Virginia. Named for Confederate Brigadier General Walter H. Stevens who was in charge of Richmond's defenses. Abandoned in 1865.
Fort Stevens (4) History
Attacked 14 May 1864 by Union forces.
Part of Fort Stevens Historical Park, Chesterfield County, Virginia
Visited: 29 Mar 2012