Fort St. Nicholas (1)
Fort St. Nicholas (1) (1791-1797) - A Russian Colonial Fort established at the mouth of the Kenai River by Grigor Konovalkov, commander of the Lebedef-Lastochkin Company ship St. George in 1791 at present day Kenai, Kenai Peninsula Borough, Alaska. Attacked by hostile Indians in 1797 and presumably abandoned that year. Also known as Paul's Fort, Fort St. Paul, Kenai Redoubt, Pavlovskaya Redoubt and Fort Nikolaya.
Established in August 1791 by Grigor Konovalkov, commander of the Lebedef-Lastochkin Company ship St. George. The Fort was built with two large blockhouses that were armed with 11 cannons. It was attacked by Dena'ina Indians in 1797 with some 100 casualties. Subsequently abandoned.