Fort St. Louis De Carlorette

From FortWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Fort St. Louis De Carlorette (1719-1840) - First established in 1719 by French trader Bernard de la Harpe at the site of the principal Wichita Indian Village in present day Montague County, Texas. Later known as Indian and Spanish Fort Teodoro. Finally abandoned in 1840.

Fort St. Louis De Carlorette History

First established in 1719 by French trader Bernard de la Harpe at the site of the principal Wichita Indian Village in present day Spanish Fort, Montague County, Texas. Abandoned a few years later. The post was occupied briefly by the Spanish in 1762 and they returned in 1778 to retrieve two abandoned cannons. The Taovaya Indians abandoned the site then known as Fort Teodoro before 1840.

Current Status

Actual site undetermined in Spanish Fort, Montague County, Texas

Location: Spanish Fort, Montague County, Texas.

Maps & Images

Lat: 33.9456551 Long: -97.6169699

Sources:

Links:

Visited: No



Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
content
Share
Google AdSense
Toolbox