Fort Smith (185?-185?) - This post was located at the stockaded house of William Henry Smith on Cow Creek and was used by the Oregon Volunteers during the Rogue River Indian War 1855-56.
Douglas County, Oregon
USGS Geographic Names Information System (GNIS) Database Entry: 1158089
Location: About four miles up Cow Creek from the present town of Glendale, close to the Pacific Highway in Douglas County, Oregon.
Maps & Images
Lat: 42.75944 Long: -123.36111
Click on the picture to see a larger version. Contribute additional pictures - the more the better!