Fort Savannah (2)
Fort Savannah (2) (1775-1782) - A French & Indian War era fort established in 1755 near Lewisburg, Greenbrier County, West Virginia. Abandoned in 1782.
In 1774 at the start of the Revolutionary War, General Lewis gathered 1,000 militiamen at the fort and renamed the area Camp Union (2). Lewis marched the men against the Indians in the campaign that culminated in the Battle of Point Pleasant on 10 Oct 1774. The battle marked the end of Lord Dunmore's War.
Abandoned in 1782.