Fort Saskatchewan (1875-1913) - A Canadian North West Mounted Police fort established in 1875 by Inspector William D. Jarvis in present day City of Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada. Abandoned in 1913.
Fort Saskatchewan History
Established in 1875 by Inspector William D. Jarvis and Troop "A", North West Mounted Police as the first police post in northern Saskatchewan. Served as the headquarters of the "G" Division from 1886 until it was abandoned in 1913. The site was acquired by the Alberta Government in 1914 and made into a jail. The fort site was completely leveled.
Replicated fort located adjacent to the original site in the city of Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada.
Available maps do not show the replica fort.
The replica structures include:
Visited: 11 Jul 2014