Fort Rowland

From FortWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Fort Rowland (1853-1856) - Coos County settlers built Fort Rowland on the south fork of the Coquille River in 1853, on what is now known as Rowland Prairie. It was used as defense headquarters against Indians in the fall of 1855. No direct military involvement is mentioned.

Current Status

Coos County, Oregon.


USGS Geographic Names Information System (GNIS) Database Entry: 1851686


Location: Rowland Prairie on the south fork of the Coquille River, Coos County, Oregon.

Maps & Images

Lat: 42.93611 Long: -124.11583

Source:

Links:

Visited: No

Image Gallery

Click on the picture to see a larger version. Contribute additional pictures - the more the better!

Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
content
Share
Google AdSense
Toolbox