Fort Richardson (2)
Fort Richardson (2) (1940-Present) - A World War II U.S. Army fort first established in 1940 adjacent to Anchorage, Borough of Anchorage, Alaska. Named Fort Richardson after Brigadier General Wilds P. Richardson (Cullum 3042). Active military installation. Now known as Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson. Also known as Camp Richardson.
World War II (1941-1945)
Established in 1940 and constructed 1940-1941 on the site of present day Elmendorf Air Force Base. Moved to the present location 5 miles north east of Anchorage in 1950. Combined with Elmendorf Air Force Base to form Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson in 2010.
Now Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson in Anchorage, Borough of Anchorage, Alaska. The largest military tenant at Fort Richardson is the Alaska National Guard, with facilities at Camp Carroll and Camp Denali.