Fort Piqua

From FortWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Fort Piqua (1794-1795, 1812-1815) - First established in 1794 by General "Mad" Anthony Wayne during the Northwest Territory Indian War. Abandoned in 1815.

Fort Piqua History

Fort Piqua was a small stockaded supply post garrisoned by a detachment of troops under Capt. J.N. Visher. The post had a single blockhouse in the center of the stockade. The post was abandoned at the end of the Northwest Territory Indian War after the signing the of the Treaty of Greene Ville.

Current Status

No period guns or mounts in place.

Location: Miami County, Ohio.

Maps & Images

Lat: 40.180939 Long: -84.25592

Sources:

Links:

Visited: No

Fort Piqua Picture Gallery

Click on the picture to see a larger version. Contribute additional pictures - the more the better!

Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
content
Share
Google AdSense
Toolbox