Fort Ogden (2)
Fort Ogden (2) (1755-1760s) - A French & Indian War Fort established in 1755 near Gormania, Grant County, West Virginia. Abandoned in the 1760s.
Fort Ogden was one of a chain of forts established by order of Colonel George Washington in 1755. The fort included a blockhouse and some cabins, surrounded by a strong stockade. The site was located near present-day U.S. 50, six miles east of Gormania in Grant County, West Virginia.
Unknown. Roadside marker at Mt. Storm, West Virginia.