Fort Morrison (1745-1748, 1754-1763) - Established in 1745 during King George's War by settlers under the command of Captain Hugh Morrison in Colrain, Franklin County, Massachusetts. Regarrisoned during the French & Indian War. Named after Captain Morrison. Abandoned about 1748. Also known as North Fort
King George's War (1744-1748)
Erected as a palisaded garrison house about 1739-1740 and garrisoned by Massachusetts Colonial Militia under the command of Captain Hugh Morrison during King George's War (1744-1748). The Fort was frequently attacked by hostile Indians. British royal troops may have used Fort Morrison for a short time. The Colonial Militia was withdrawn at the end of the war.
French & Indian War (1754-1763)
Regarrisoned by Massachusetts Colonial Militia during the French & Indian War from 1754 to about 1763.
On the Fort Morrison Dairy Farm, Colrain, Franklin County, Massachusetts. Only a bolder marker remains.