Fort Montgomery (4)
|Fort Calendar||Fort Blogs||
History of Fort Montgomery
Established in fall of 1814 by Lt. Colonel Thomas Hart Benton during the Creek Indian War about two miles from Fort Mims. Built as a supply base and defense against hostile Indians and used as a staging area and supply point for General Andrew Jackson's attack on Pensacola, Florida.
Abandoned about 1818.
Site near Tensaw, Baldwin County, Alabama.
Location: Near Tensaw, Baldwin County, Alabama.
Maps & Images
Lat: 31.2125 Long: -87.81972
- Roberts, Robert B., Encyclopedia of Historic Forts: The Military, Pioneer, and Trading Posts of the United States, Macmillan, New York, 1988, 10th printing, ISBN 0-02-926880-X, page 10
Fort Montgomery (4) Picture Gallery
Click on the picture to see a larger version. Contribute additional pictures - the more the better!