Fort Meikie

From FortWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Fort Meikie (1864-1865) - A U.S. Civil War Fort established in 1864 near Petersburg, Petersburg City, Virginia. Named Fort Meikle after Lt. Colonel George Meikle, 20th Indiana Infantry. Abandoned in 1865 at the end of the war.

Fort Meikle Interior Stereo Photo (both sides shown)

History of Fort Meikle

Established in 1864 as a Union U.S. Civil War earthworks fort supporting the seige of Petersburg, Virginia. Located between Fort Morton and Fort Rice and connected to them by trench lines..

Abandoned in 1865 at the end of the U.S. Civil War.

Current Status

No remains of this fort.


Location: Petersburg, Petersburg City, Virginia. Map point is approximate.

Maps & Images

Lat: 37.20803 Long: -77.36936


See Also:

Sources:

Links:

{{Visited|Area 2 Apr 2012}


Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
content
Toolbox