Fort McGraw (1857-1858) - First established in 1857 as Fort Thompson (2) and later renamed Fort McGraw for William McGraw the road contractor. Abandoned in 1858.
Fort McGraw History
Established to protect surveyors for the Fort Kearny, South Pass, and Honey Lake Wagon Road to Oregon. Abandoned 25 Feb 1858.
A park in Lander, Fremont County, Wyoming.
- Roberts, Robert B., Encyclopedia of Historic Forts: The Military, Pioneer, and Trading Posts of the United States, Macmillan, New York, 1988, 10th printing, ISBN 0-02-926880-X, page 860
Visited: 16 Sep 2012