Fort Loring (1862-1863) - A Confederate post established in 1862 by General William W. Loring and named for him. Located on the Yazoo River west of Greenwood in Leflore County, Mississippi. Abandoned in 1863.
Private property no public access.
Location: West of Greenwood, Mississippi on the west side of the Yazoo River off of County Road 145. Private property no public access.
Maps & Images
Lat: 33.506691 Long: -90.255046
- Roberts, Robert B., Encyclopedia of Historic Forts: The Military, Pioneer, and Trading Posts of the United States, Macmillan, New York, 1988, 10th printing, ISBN 0-02-926880-X, page 445