|Fort Calendar||Fort Blogs||
Fort Kodiak (1868-1870) - A U.S. Army Fort first established by 1st Lt. Eli H. Huggins, 2nd U.S. Artillery, in 1868 in present day Kodiak, Kodiak Island Borough, Alaska. Abandoned in 1870. Also known as Fort Kadiak.
No remains, Kodiak, Kodiak Island Borough, Alaska.
Location: Kodiak, Kodiak Island Borough, Alaska. Map point is approximate.
Maps & Images
Lat: 57.7877654 Long: -152.4038029
- Roberts, Robert B., Encyclopedia of Historic Forts: The Military, Pioneer, and Trading Posts of the United States, Macmillan, New York, 1988, 10th printing, ISBN 0-02-926880-X, page 23
Fort Kodiak Picture Gallery
Click on the picture to see a larger version. Contribute additional pictures - the more the better!