Fort Kirby Smith
Fort Kirby Smith (1864-1865) - A Confederate U.S. Civil War Fort established in 1864 in present-day Bossier City, Bossier Parish, Louisiana. Named Fort Kirby Smith after Confederate General Edmund Kirby Smith, (Cullum 1255), CSA. Abandoned in 1865. Also known as Fort Smith.
One of four forts and eighteen batteries which formed the Confederate defenses of Cane City (now Bossier City) and Shreveport.
Abandoned in 1865 at the end of the war.
The Fort Smith Park was established 9 Jun 1936 and the fort remains restored. Roadside Marker only now.