Fort Kingsbury (1837-1840) - Established in 1837 during the Second Seminole War. Named after Lt. Charles E. Kingsbury, 2nd U.S. Dragoons who died of disease on 9 Jun 1837 at Fort Mellon. Abandoned about 1840.
Fort Kingsbury History
Established in 1837 during the Second Seminole War as a sub post of Fort Mellon. Positioned directly across Lake Monroe from Fort Mellon in what is now Enterprise, Florida. Research indicates it was located at the intersection of current Stone Island Road and Sunset Road in Enterprise.
Visited: 11 Feb 2010