Fort Kamloops (1812-1872+) - A fortified trading post first established by the Pacific Fur Company in 1812 in the present day city of Kamloops, British Columbia. Bought out by the North West Company in 1813 and eventually taken over by the Hudson's Bay Company (HBC) in 1821. Four different forts in three different locations. Abandoned sometime after 1872. Also known as Fort She-waps and Fort Thompson.
Four different locations, all at the junction of the North and South Thompson rivers. All built in support of the fur trade and later the Fraser River gold rush:
Markers only, no remains in Kamloops, British Columbia.
Visited: 15 Jun 2014