Fort J.E.B. Stuart
Fort J.E.B. Stuart (1863-1865) - A Confederate U.S. Civil War Fort established in 1863 in Mobile, Mobile County, Alabama. Named Fort J.E.B. Stuart after Confederate General James E.B. Stuart (Cullum 1643), who died 12 May 1964 of wounds received at the Battle of Yellow Tavern. Abandoned in 1865 at the end of the war.
Built by Confederate forces in 1863 as a square earthworks redoubt with four bastions protecting the defense lines of Mobile Alabama. Inside the fort was large central magazine. The fort had provisions for mounting seven heavy guns.
Abandoned in 1865 at the end of the war.