Fort Hugonin (1899-1993) - A Canadian Coastal Fort established in 1899 on McNab's Island in Halifax Harbor, Halifax County, Nova Scotia, Canada. Named for Captain Roderick Hugonin. Abandoned in 1993.
Fort Hugonin History
Part of the Harbor Defense of Halifax.
Established in 1899 to support four quick firing 12-pounder guns. Built with concrete casemates and earthen parapets for the guns.
After World War II the fort was used until 1993 as a SOSUS site by the Canadian Navy to track the passage of ships in the harbor.
Part of McNabs and Lawlor Islands Provincial Park on McNab's Island in Halifax Harbor, Halifax County, Nova Scotia, Canada.