Fort George (15)
Fort George (15) (1807-1911) - A North West Company trading post/fort first established by Simon Fraser in 1807 at present day Prince George, British Columbia. Named after King George III. Acquired by the Hudson's Bay Company in 1821 when the North West Company merged with Hudson's Bay Company. Abandoned in 1911.
The museum houses pictures and displays of Fort George over the years but there is little mention of the fort in Fort George Park where the actual site is located.
Visited: 19 Jun 2014