Fort Deposit (2)
Fort Deposit (2) (1813-1814) - A Creek Indian War supply fort first established in 1813 by General Andrew Jackson and the Tennessee Militia on the Tennessee River, Marshall County, Alabama. Abandoned in 1814.
History of Fort Deposit
Established as a supply fort in October 1813 by General Andrew Jackson and the Tennessee Militia at the mouth of the Honeycomb Creek along the south bank of the Tennessee River. Used to supply troops during General Jackson campaigns against the Creek Indians during the Creek Indian War (1813-1815).
Abandoned in 1814.
No remains in Marshall County, Alabama.
Location: Marshall County, Alabama.
Maps & Images
Lat: 34.4339791 Long: -86.3333173
- Roberts, Robert B., Encyclopedia of Historic Forts: The Military, Pioneer, and Trading Posts of the United States, Macmillan, New York, 1988, 10th printing, ISBN 0-02-926880-X, page 4
Fort Deposit (2) Picture Gallery
Click on the picture to see a larger version. Contribute additional pictures - the more the better!