Fort Dearborn (1)
Fort Dearborn (1) (1802-1815) - First established in 1802 under the orders of Territorial Governor W.C.C Claiborne to protect the town of Washington, Mississippi. First named after Henry Dearborn, U.S. Secretary of War, renamed Fort Washington (2) in 1809. Also known as Cantonment Washington Abandoned in 1815.
Fort Dearborn (1) History
Established as a blockhouse to protect the town of Washington, Mississippi. Used by U.S. Army regular troops and Jackson's Tennessee volunteers during the War of 1812.